In both North America, particularly in the United States, and Canada, and Latin America, ICDL certification holds significant importance, shaping the landscape of digital literacy and professional development. Below are the key points illustrating the significance of ICDL in these regions:
North America – United States and Canada:
- Recognition by International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE): ICDL Programmes have received a “seal of alignment” from ISTE since 2017, indicating alignment with digital skill levels described by ISTE, underscoring its relevance in education and professional sectors.
- Endorsement by American Council on Education (ACE): ACE recommends college credit for specific ICDL modules, facilitating their integration into higher education systems, thereby enhancing opportunities for individuals to advance their education based on digital skill mastery.
- Integration into ICT Training Programmes: International organisations like IBEC have integrated ICDL certification into their ICT training programmes across multiple countries in Latin America, fostering digital literacy and enabling personal and organisational development.
- Adoption by National Training Service (SENA) in Colombia: ICDL has been adopted as a standard for the development of ICT skills by SENA, contributing significantly to enhancing digital skills among trainers.
- Collaborations with Regional Organisations: Partnerships with organisations such as CONACED and agreements with entities like the Association of Universities of Latin America and the Caribbean (AUALCPI) and the Inter-American Organisation for Higher Education (OUI) emphasise ICDL’s commitment to promoting and developing digital skills across the region, aiming to bridge the digital divide, empower individuals, and foster higher education opportunities.
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below for further information.
Find an ICDL Test Centre and get certified
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, the first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
ICDL References from Americas
Find an ICDL Test Centre near you and get ICDL certified
Use the map drop down list or click on the map to find out more about ICDL in your territory and to locate an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Latin America and the Caribbean
If you are an individual interested in obtaining ICDL certification, please utilise the map provided above to identify your territory and use the Test Centre directory on your Territory page to directly reach out to an ICDL Accredited Test Centre in your location.
If you are interested in offering ICDL at your academic institution, organisation or company or if you wish to discuss partnering with ICDL on a project or initiative, please submit this contact form and we will be in touch.
For Existing ICDL ATC Centres
For existing ICDL Registered Students/Candidates
If you’re currently enrolled in an ICDL module or programme at your school, university or with a training provider (ICDL Test Centre) and encounter questions or technical issues regarding ICDL tests, learning materials, or any aspect of your learning experience, we recommend reaching out directly to your ICDL Test Centre who are best equipped to assist you promptly and effectively with your issues, ensuring you receive the support you need.
ICDL Americas Forum – Digital Skills for a competitive workforce
A productive workforce with 21st century skills is critical to staying competitive today. Getting the most from your workforce means investing in both hard and soft skills. Digital skills are key to maximise the investment in IT resources and allow innovation in all areas.
ICDL, as the international digital skills standard, organised Forum to discuss trends, needs and plans to address the current digital skills gap in Latin America and the Caribbean, with experiences around the world.