The 2D Design module covers the main concepts and skills needed to create two-dimensional drawings, change object properties, and print or plot outputs.
Computer-aided design (CAD) is used extensively in a wide range of industries. CAD skills are in demand in digital sectors, although with CAD applications even non-technical professionals can create complex 2D designs and concepts.
This module is suitable for students and working professionals in fields related to the architectural, engineering, and construction sectors. It would also be of value to designers in areas such as product development, gaming, and technology.
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to create, edit, and output a two-dimensional design or drawing. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using a 2D CAD application to create high-quality designs. They will be able to:
- understand how 2D design applications are used to create and edit drawings
- recognise when to use layers and levels
- know the main operations of a 2D CAD application and how to use them
- apply advanced features, such as block and cells, to a project
- understand how to output a drawing for plotting or printing
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the 2D Design module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.