Develop the skills needed to use the advanced features, capabilities, and data handling of spreadsheets.
|Formulas and functions
|Validating and auditing
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to use enhanced spreadsheet capabilities to produce better reports with deeper data analysis. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident managing complex data with spreadsheets and collaborating with others. They will be able to:
- understand advanced formatting options, including conditional formatting and customised formatting
- recognise which functions to use in formulas, and troubleshoot errors
- identify the correct chart to display a specific data set, and create or edit such a chart
- know how to analyse, validate, audit, and protect data
- understand time-saving features such as linking data, paste special, filters, and macros
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Management Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.