Develop the skills needed to create 3D design creations using computer-aided design tools.
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to create, edit, and output a three-dimensional design or drawing. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using a 3D CAD application to create high-quality designs. They will be able to:
- understand how 3D design applications are used to create and modify drawings
- use, save, and recall model view tools such as pan, zoom, and rotate
- know how to draw points, lines, arcs, splines, circles, and polygons and use surface modelling to extrude surfaces and create planes,
edge surfaces, and surface revolutions
- create and manipulate object or graphic elements
- know how to create photo-realistic presentations by rendering a model or scene
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the 3D Design module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.