Develop the skills needed to work with images and prepare them for use online or in print.
|Using the application
|Working with images
|Drawing and painting
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to open an image file, make edits to it, and output it for use in printing or publishing online. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using an image editing application to work with different image formats. They will be able to:
- understand the different image formats and options available
- recognise the ways images can be edited, enhanced, and manipulated
- review the different functions of an image editing application and how to use them
- apply effect, filters, overlays, and other changes to images
- understand how to output an image correctly according to its intended use
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Image Editing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.