Develop the essential concepts and understanding related to the fundamentals of e-commerce.
|Overview and planning
|E-Commerce implementation and engagement
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be have the knowledge to select an appropriate e-commerce solution and understand how to plan, implement, manage and maintain the e-commerce solution. They will be able to:
- define key concepts of e-commerce and the e-commerce ecosystem, including its social and economic impact
- identify the main types of e-commerce transactions and e-commerce business models
- recognise key e-commerce adoption goals and planning considerations
- identify various e-commerce presence options
- recognise the key skills in setting up a store on an online platform, a social media platform and an e-commerce marketplace
- identify common e-commerce marketing tools and e-commerce performance metrics
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the E-Commerce module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.