Develop the advanced spreadsheet skills needed for finance and accountancy tasks.
|Formulas and functions
|Validating and auditing
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be proficient using the advanced features of spreadsheet tools for the analysis of financial data. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using spreadsheets to carry out logical, statistical, financial, and mathematical operations. They will be able to:
- understand functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial, and mathematical operations
- use tables and lists to analyse, filter, sort, validate, and audit data, as well as create and use scenarios
- apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting, customised number formatting, and chart formatting
- use linking, embedding and importing features as well as comparing and merging spreadsheets
- understand the productivity and security features of spreadsheet tools.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Financial Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.