The Cloud Computing module introduces the use of Internet-connected remote servers to store, manage, and process data, instead of using local servers or computers.
Cloud computing and cloud services are increasingly common technologies used by organisations to add flexibility, efficiency, and innovation. Many job roles in a range of sectors need to have an understanding of the potential of these technologies, as well as a grasp of the benefits and challenges associated with their adoption.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, non-technical professionals who wish to build and demonstrate an understanding of Cloud Computing, facilitating engagement with their technical colleagues or their suppliers, or students who wish to add general technical knowledge to sector-specific or general studies.
Build an understanding of the key concepts and potential of Cloud Computing for businesses and organisations
Main learning outcomes
The Cloud Computing module consists of e-learning followed by a brief certification test. Together, these components deliver a short, focused professional development solution.
- Understand key concepts relating to cloud computing
- Recognise the features, benefits, examples, and limitations of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Recognise the features, benefits, limitations and provide examples of Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Recognise the features, benefits, limitations and provide examples of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Identify features and examples of Function as a Service (FaaS)
- Know about the different models for implementing cloud computing in organisations
- Consider appropriate solutions and models for implementing cloud computing in a given scenario or situation.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL Insights modules combine cutting- edge e-learning with a brief certification test to demonstrate your mastery of the relevant concepts and good practice.
- ICDL Insights modules can be coupled with more comprehensive, skills-focused modules to build a profile of skills, knowledge, and competences that are relevant to your career.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor- independent so that skills, knowledge, and competence are transferable.
ICDL Insights modules
ICDL Insights contains a range of modules which can be combined with other ICDL modules to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by high-quality eLearning materials that establishes core concepts, gives practical examples of implementation, and provides opportunities for reflection. Together with a short certification test, this learning can provide an excellent opportunity either to develop relevant competences for future career development, or to contribute to continuous professional development.