The Online Collaboration module covers the main concepts and skills needed to collaborate online using web-based tools and services.
Online collaborative tools are now an integral part of the school learning environment. Teachers utilise online collaboration tools for collaborative assignments and tasks for both in and outside class. They can be used to help develop active learning assignments, facilitate team-building activities, and help students engage with the content through group activities and peer-to-peer learning.
Develop the skills needed to collaborate with others using online collaboration tools
|Preparation for online collaboration
|Using online collaborative tools
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will be able to plan and manage collaboration using services such
as cloud computing and mobile technology. After passing this module, students will feel confident collaborating and interacting using online tools, as well as scheduling and hosting online meetings. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of online and mobile collaboration
- recognise good practice in cloud computing and how this facilitates collaboration
- identify tools supporting online collaboration, such as productivity applications, social media, calendars, meetings, and learning environments
- know how to register, set up, and delete user accounts for collaborative tools
- understand how collaboration works on mobile devices such as tablet and smartphones
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
ICDL Digital Student Modules
Compute and Code
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL is a global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
For more information about offering ICDL at your school click here or contact us to discuss your school’s needs.