|Simple control system
|Working with robots
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will gain foundational skills and knowledge in robotics. After passing this module, students will feel confident building and programming a robot using widely available robotics kits and visual programming language. These skills can be further extended with modules such as ICDL Computing. They will be able to:
- understand key concepts relating to robots and robotics systems
- identify examples of robots and the main parts of a robot and their function, including microcontrollers, actuators, sensors, and power sources
- understand the elements of a simple control system and how to test it
- understand basic programming concepts and visual programming language
- set up a robot, implement robotic motion, and control a robot in an environment
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
ICDL Digital Student Modules
Compute and Code
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL is a global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
For more information about offering ICDL at your school click here or contact us to discuss your school’s needs.