Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals
|Web Browsing and Search
|Working with Images, Video
Main learning outcomes
Candidates who complete the Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals module will gain the skills needed to use a tablet effectively, to browse and search the web, work with images and video, manage applications, and store data securely. Candidates will be able to:
- Understand the features of a tablet and its uses
- Carry out common operations, apply settings, and secure a tablet
- Use a wireless network securely, and set up online accounts for different services
- Use a web browser to browse, search for, and bookmark web pages
- Capture, view, organise and share images and videos
- Use an application store, and install and update applications
- Recognise backup and storage options for a tablet, and use cloud-based storage
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL Programmes offer clear progression routes for candidates
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Digital Citizen Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.