|Introduction to the desktop
|Introduction to documents
|Introduction to the web
Main learning outcomes
Candidates who complete the Digital Citizen programme will gain the skills needed in order
to progress onto Digital Citizen Plus, the ICDL Workforce modules and beyond. They will be able to:
- understand how to start up and shut down a computer
- understand how to navigate the Desktop and how to store files
- understand how to create, save and edit a document
- understand how to use search engines, use online services and evaluate online information
- Communicate online via email and instant messaging
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL Programmes offer clear progression routes for candidates
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Citizen module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Digital Citizen Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.