Candidates overcome difficulties to complete ICDL modules in Yemen

40 candidates in Aden, in the south of Yemen, have begun studying to take ICDL certification. The candidates will follow the advanced ICDL modules and have been preparing since early March. Their progress has been interrupted by Covid-19 measures and frequent electricity cuts.

The training and testing is the first of its kind in Yemen and has been jointly funded by the Skills Development Fund, which covered 65% of the cost, and Specto, which covered the remaining 35% of the cost. Specto is the operator of the ICDL programme in Yemen, while the Skills Development Fund is the main funder of international certifications in the country.

Subscribe to our Newsletter