Develop the key skills needed to organise and analyse data using spreadsheet software
|Using the application
|Formulas and functions
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to use a spreadsheet application to create and work with spreadsheets. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident entering, moving, editing, and deleting data, as well as performing common spreadsheet tasks. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of spreadsheets
- use available help resources and shortcuts to enhance productivity
- recognise good practice in inserting, editing, and deleting data
- apply a range of mathematical and logical formulas and functions
- know how to communicate information using charts and graphs
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Workforce Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.