|Secure web use
|Secure data management
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to apply good cyber security principles to manage connections, devices, and data effectively and safely. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident keeping information and data secure. They will know how to reduce risk with good practice. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of IT security
- recognise good practice in protecting computers, devices, and networks
- understand the types of risk that pose a threat to security
- know how to use the internet and communication channels securely
- recognise good practice in secure data management
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
ICDL Workforce Modules
If you are an individual wishing to get ICDL certified, first step is to find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you.
Offer ICDL at your Institution or Organisation
If you are interested in offering ICDL to students, candidates, clients or employees or if you are considering partnering with ICDL for a project or initiative, click on the appropriate button below.