ICDL News across the globe
- ICDL has been mentioned as a reference standard for the certification of digital competences in the Romanian National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP). The post ICDL features as reference standard in Romania’s National Recovery and Resilience Plan appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Commission has launched a new expert group with the mission to tackle disinformation and promote digital literacy. The post Commissioner launches expert group on disinformation and digital literacy appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Union will hold its fourth European education summit online on 9 December this year. The post European education summit to be held online on 9 December appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The staff of the Secretariat of European affairs in the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia have successfully gained ICDL certification. The post Government of the Republic of North Macedonia staff gain ICDL certification in new project appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- This past year has shown the importance of digital skills for all, particularly secondary students who have had to adapt to online learning during school closures across Europe. The post Creating the future: computing in education appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Culture has updated the framework agreement on the participation of school students in the ICDL certification. The post Bavaria extends agreement to use ICDL in schools appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- A National Information Seminar for primary and secondary school teachers was held by the Czech Society for Cybernetics and Informatics (CSKI) with the theme of robotics on 7 October in Prague. The event was organised in cooperation with the National Centre for Industry 4.0 and the Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics. New framework … The post National seminar on ICDL held in Czech Republic appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Specto, the ICDL operator in Sudan and several other countries, recently launched the Digital Marketing module in the country. Specto launched the module while facing the challenges of Covid-19 restrictions by delivering training online. An expert trainer delivered the course to an initial intake of 12 candidates from major universities and businesses including Karary University, … The post Specto launches ICDL Digital Marketing module in Sudan appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ECDL Kosova, the operator of the ICDL programme in Kosovo, has continued its participation in the World Bank’s Education System Improvement Project (ESIP). A core activity within this project has been providing training services to support skills development in rural lower secondary schools. The post ECDL Kosova continues participation in World Bank project appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL's Seal of Alignment to the ISTE Standards has been renewed until 2023. The post ISTE Seal of Alignment for ICDL renewed appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- With more and more activities and transactions going digital, a growing number of workers find themselves handling sensitive personal data. In this digital age, it is more important than ever that the people working with personal data have the skills to do so securely and legally. In collaboration with Digital Council of Thailand (DCT), ICDL … The post ICDL Data Protection Launch in Thailand appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- As the world’s leading computer skills certification, ICDL has delivered our certification programmes to over 16 million people in over 100 countries. Our programmes are designed to meet the needs of the competitive modern workplace, and our certifications are recognised internationally and sought after by employers across the globe. ICDL Workforce and ICDL Professional programmes … The post Top 10 Most In-Demand ICDL Certifications in Asia appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia is delighted to welcome Crescent Girls’ School to join us as our newest Accredited Test Centre (ATC) in Singapore! Photo Credits: Crescent Girls’ School Website Established in 1956, Crescent Girls’ School has been providing a nurturing and innovative environment for generations of students, grooming them to become ladies and leaders of tomorrow. In … The post Crescent Girls’ School joins ICDL Asia as our newest ATC in Singapore appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- On 23 September 2021, the National Centre for Educational Technology (NCET) China organised the CEDF-Dell “Upskilling Future Workforce for the Digital Economy” Project Conference 2021. To bridge the wide gap between the digital skills of the Chinese workforce and the demand of the workplace, Dell Technologies, and China Education Development Foundation (CEDF) launched the “Upskilling Future … The post CEDF-Dell “Upskilling Future Workforce for the Digital Economy” Project Conference 2021 appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia warmly welcomes NorthLight School to the ICDL family as our newest Accredited Test Centre (ATC) in Singapore! NorthLight School was established in 2006 to provide an engaging education for youth and prepare them for lifelong learning and employability. With a rapid digital transformation in the workforce, the school recognises the importance of equipping … The post NorthLight School joins ICDL Asia’s network of ATCs in Singapore appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- On Tuesday 21, 2021, the National Bank of Rwanda held it’s graduation ceremony with 14 graduates who received ICDL certificates. The ceremony was graced with NBR staff including the Executive Director, the HR department and the general staff. In partnership with the Central Bank, ICDL Africa had conducted a Pilot Assessment in Digital Skills for … The post The National Bank of Rwanda holds a Graduation Ceremony. appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Win Africa trained 15 staff from Isocel Telecom in ICDL spreadsheets module on 22nd November 2021. The participants were very happy to have attended the session and want to continue training in Advanced Spreadsheet module. The training was a success and 14/15 candidates passed the module. Isocel Telecom is a private internet access provider in … The post WIN Africa trains Isocel Telecom – Benin appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- The Rwanda Digital school project is a partnership project between Computer Aid International, Rwanda Education Board and ICDL Africa which aims to establish Digital Schools (with 40 PCs each), across 8 secondary schools in Kigali, Rwanda. In total the project will supply 320 PCs, 24 laptops, assistive technology to aid teaching and impact up to … The post Rwanda Digital schools project. appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Thank you so much to all who attended the ICDL Africa Forum event on 27th October 2021! It was a great success, and your participation meant a lot to us. We are happy to have had such an amazing audience and speakers to discuss on “Act now to address the digital divide in Africa”. If you missed it, … The post ICDL Africa Forum 2021, a huge success appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- The National Bank of Rwanda (BNR) strives to be a world class Central Bank that contributes to economic growth & development, by using robust monetary policy tools to maintain stable market prices. The Bank ensures financial stability in a free-market economy as it embraces innovations, diversity, inclusiveness, and economic integration. The Bank is charged with … The post The National Bank of Rwanda concludes ICDL training and Train the trainer program. appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- For the past 8 years, the consulting firm Sapiens Research has developed a ranking of the best schools in Colombia, thus helping people, families, teachers, managers and institutions to make better decisions. Currently, the Col-Sapiens ranking is the most important classification of schools in the country, according to category, quality and international accreditation, and the classifieds appear there exclusively for their academic merits. La publicaciónICDL certification awards points in the Col-Sapiens Ranking of schools in Colombia apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- The Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) signs a Collaboration Agreement to offer ICDL to Headmasters? Directors? and Professors from its member Universities throughout the regionThe Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) mission is "to contribute to the transformation of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in order to respond to their social and political contexts, while building and creating common spaces of Inter-American collaboration". La publicaciónThe Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) signs a Collaboration Agreement to offer ICDL to Headmasters? Directors? and Professors from its member Universities throughout the region apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- This week begins in Chile the 2021 edition of the CAIE (Conference of the Americas on International Education) organized by the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI – IOHE). This Forum exhibits close collaboration between higher education institutions and national, regional and international organizations, offering a platform from which to address current challenges, emerging trends and promote best practices in international education. La publicaciónICDL participating at CAIE (Conference of the Americas on International Education) apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- In today´s competitive workplace, credentials are shared and verified everyday. Our network of 20 thousands ICDL Test Centres have supported 16 million candidates and completed 70 million tests around the world. La publicaciónICDL – The Digital Skills Standard, now offers Digital Certificates and Badges apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- ICDL participated in the first world-class International Digital Talent Symposium: axis of sustainable development, organized by the Sectorial Table for Technology Management and Digital Talent of SENA, ColombiaOn September 22, the first world-class International Digital Talent Symposium: axis of sustainable development was held, organized by the Sectorial Table for Technology and Digital Talent Management of SENA, the National Learning Service of Colombia. Together with our partners FaceIT, ICDL participated with two presentations from the ICDL Foundation. La publicaciónICDL participated in the first world-class International Digital Talent Symposium: axis of sustainable development, organized by the Sectorial Table for Technology Management and Digital Talent of SENA, Colombia apareció primero enICDL Americas.