ICDL News across the globe
- Safer Internet Day 2023 today celebrates it’s 20th anniversary of the landmark event in the online safety calendar. Safer Internet Day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and current concerns, from online bullying to social media usage, healthy use of the internet to digital identity. Funded by the European Commission, the initiative puts … The post Celebrating 20 years of Safer Internet Day appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- 2022 has been a busy year at ICDL Europe. We’d like to share some of the highlights with you so please read on below to see what we were up to this year and events across the digital skills landscape in Europe. Spring 2022 Spring 2022 was the season when the majority of European countries … The post ICDL Europe’s look back at the year in digital skills appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL has long understood the importance of computational skills in education. ICDL believes that computing skills and digital literacy skills are essential elements of digital competence. Coding, computing, and computational thinking are terms that currently dominate the debate on digital skills development in Europe and worldwide. This is influenced by the rising demand of ICT … The post In focus: computing in education across Europe appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL Europe has joined DigiSkills Belgium, the Belgian national digital skills coalition, which brings together organisations working on digital skills from across the country. DigiSkills Belgium provides an opportunity for members to share their activities, initiatives and best practices, as well as serving as a forum to discuss the future of digital skills. At the … The post ICDL Europe joins DigiSkills Belgium appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Commission has released the DESI report for 2022. DESI is the index that the European Commission produces to monitor member states’ digital progress on an annual basis. DESI includes individual country profiles, showing analysis of progress against the key indicators as well as areas requiring priority action by member countries. The Key Indicators … The post The Digital Economy and Society Index 2022 has been released appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Last month, ICDL Italy welcomed a large delegation from ICDL Vietnam on a visit to see how ICDL is implemented in Italy. The delegation included team members from ICDL Vietnam, teachers, government representatives and Vietnamese school leaders. The delegation visited an Italian ICDL school, IIS Giovanni Falcone – Augusto Righi in Corsico on the outskirts … The post ICDL Vietnam delegation visits ICDL Italy appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Enhancing Singapore students’ employability through digital skills: ICDL Asia announces strategic partnerships with two leading IHLsAn Taoiseach, Micheál Martin, witnessed the signing of new agreements between ICDL Asia and two leading Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) during his official visit to Singapore from 19 to 22 July 2022. The purpose of the Taoiseach’s visit was to reinforce important bilateral relationships between Singapore and Ireland, and support Irish based organisations like … The post Enhancing Singapore students’ employability through digital skills: ICDL Asia announces strategic partnerships with two leading IHLs appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL formed part of Azerbaijan’s competitive national Yüksəliş (Yukselish) career development contest in July 2022. Azərbaycan Respublikasının Dövlət İmtahan Mərkəzi, the State Examination Center of the Republic of Azerbaijan, managed the provision of the ICDL Computer and Online Essentials certification exam for the 332 candidates who had made it to the semi-finals of the Yüksəliş … The post ICDL helps to identify key talent in semi-finals of Azerbaijan career development competition appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Commission has published DigComp 2.2, incorporating key new areas such as AI, the internet of things, and teleworking. The post Updated DigComp 2.2 published by European Commission appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- March and April saw a focus on digital skills during All Digital Weeks, a series of events organized or coordinated by All Digital, an organization representing digital competence centres. The post All Digital Weeks put focus on digital skills across Europe appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL Celebrates 17 Million Candidates Worldwide: Empowering Digital Competence in the Workforce, Education and SocietyICDL has recently marked a significant milestone in our mission to raise digital competency standards through the development, promotion, and delivery of quality certification programmes worldwide. With over two decades of experience, ICDL has successfully delivered our certification programmes to over 17 million candidates across more than 100 countries in the world. The post ICDL Celebrates 17 Million Candidates Worldwide: Empowering Digital Competence in the Workforce, Education and Society appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL China signed MoU with Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Learning Mall: A Step towards Advancing Digital Literacy and Economic DevelopmentICDL China signed MoU with Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) Learning Mall, demonstrating the importance of partnerships in driving digital literacy forward in China. Through this collaboration, ICDL China will provide ICDL certification programmes to XJTLU Learning Mall users including students and the general public. The post ICDL China signed MoU with Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Learning Mall: A Step towards Advancing Digital Literacy and Economic Development appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL China has officially launched, marking a significant milestone towards improving digital literacy among Chinese students and adults, further advancing the development of the digital economy in the region. This achievement highlights the crucial role of digital skills in advancing the development of the digital economy and reducing global inequality. Join us in celebrating this exciting achievement! The post ICDL China Officially Launched: A Significant Milestone towards Improving Digital Literacy in China appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia is delighted to announce that Adrian Traders has joined us as the newest Accredited Test Centre (ATC) in Pakistan. Adrian Traders has recently revealed their plan to offer ICDL certification to university students in Pakistan through the Future Student initiative. Future Student is an education program that prepares students for success in university and future careers. The post Adrian Traders Joins ICDL Asia As the Newest ATC in Pakistan appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- BMA Community Development Volunteers (Technology Aspect) will be trained and certified with ICDL Digital Literacy StandardsThe Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has recently announced the launch of a new community development volunteer training program in Bangkok. The program includes training and hands-on practice with the ICDL Digital Citizen module, which will equip volunteers with essential digital skills. The post BMA Community Development Volunteers (Technology Aspect) will be trained and certified with ICDL Digital Literacy Standards appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- In the month of October 2022, the ICDL Foundation CEO, ICDL Africa General Manager and Regional Manager visited the Nigerian Market for market overview and strategic meetings with stakeholders towards the promotion of ICDL in Nigeria. Prior to their arrival, the Nigerian team had earmarked major stakeholders for them to meet with. The Nigerian team, … The post ICDL Africa team visit to Nigeria appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- The Uganda institute of Banking and financial services, a leading financial institution devoted to keeping professional standards in Uganda’s banking and financial services industry has committed itself to promote digital skilling in the country. Speaking at the side-line of the ICDL onboarding meeting that took place early this month at the institute in Kampala, the … The post Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services Commits to Upskill Banking Sector appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Tumaini Senior Secondary School is a secondary school in Arusha – Tanzania with The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) registration number S5493. The boys and girls boarding school, provides quality education, have an additional curriculum such as STEM whereby students study advanced technology, PBL= PROJECT BASED LEARNING. Student centered learning is influenced by doing … The post Tumaini Senior Secondary School (TSSS) has joined ICDL Family! appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- In mid-November, The ICDL Africa team in Kenya engaged ATC Coordinators and representatives in a series of meetings. The objectives of these meetings were to engage partners in open discussions relating to their experiences throughout the year, plans and strategies for the coming year(2023) as well as various ways in which ICDL Kenya can support their … The post Engaging ICDL Partners in Kenya appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- ICDL team in Tanzania conducted ICDL Compass testing for more than 30 Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE) staff across all departments of the association on 11th April 2022. The plan basing on the outcome of the report will be for ATE to adopt ICDL training as they prepare to offer digital skills training in Tanzania. … The post Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE) conducts a digital skills survey for their staff appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- FaceIT Foundation, ICDL representative in Colombia, and the Colombian Chamber of Electronic Commerce, officially presented the new eCommerce module to main players in online commerce in the country.During an event held last September, businessmen and industry representatives learned about the new ICDL eCommerce module. The attendees had a first approach to the ICDL Certification and the study program of the module, in whose construction the Colombian Chamber of Electronic Commerce (CCCE) participated, as a representative for Colombia. In this space, the importance … La publicaciónFaceIT Foundation, ICDL representative in Colombia, and the Colombian Chamber of Electronic Commerce, officially presented the new eCommerce module to main players in online commerce in the country. apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- Designed to address the requirement for current and future organisation managers to develop an understanding of trending and emerging technology, our ICDL Insights modules offer an overview that is contextualised in a practical way. La publicaciónNew ICDL Insight Modules apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- ICDL Americas organised its first Regional ICDL Forum – Digital Skills for a Competitive Workforce the past March 24th, an online bilingual English / Spanish event, with speakers from Latin America, the Caribbean and representatives from our international network. La publicaciónFirst ICDL Americas Regional Forum apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- For the past 8 years, the consulting firm Sapiens Research has developed a ranking of the best schools in Colombia, thus helping people, families, teachers, managers and institutions to make better decisions. Currently, the Col-Sapiens ranking is the most important classification of schools in the country, according to category, quality and international accreditation, and the classifieds appear there exclusively for their academic merits. La publicaciónICDL certification awards points in the Col-Sapiens Ranking of schools in Colombia apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- The Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) signs a Collaboration Agreement to offer ICDL to Directors and Professors from its member Universities throughout the regionThe Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) mission is "to contribute to the transformation of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in order to respond to their social and political contexts, while building and creating common spaces of Inter-American collaboration". La publicaciónThe Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) signs a Collaboration Agreement to offer ICDL to Directors and Professors from its member Universities throughout the region apareció primero enICDL Americas.