ICDL News across the globe
- ICDL SCHOOL AWARD 2023 GOES TO THE VOCATIONAL SCHOOL AT THE SRH VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER NECKARGEMÜNDICDL Germany honoured the vocational school at the SRH vocational training center Neckargemünd with the ICDL School Award 2023. The award was given in recognition of the school’s commitment to the informatics education of trainees with special needs and its outstanding performance in conducting a total of almost 10,000 ICDL tests, including about 3,000 in … The post ICDL SCHOOL AWARD 2023 GOES TO THE VOCATIONAL SCHOOL AT THE SRH VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER NECKARGEMÜND appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- In late June of this year, Specto held its annual retreat for ICDL teachers at the Dead Sea in recognition of their efforts throughout the past year to successfully implement the ICDL program despite the challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Over 100 principals and teachers representing the elite private schools in Jordan attended the … The post SPECTO HOLDS ITS ANNUAL RETREAT FOR ICDL TEACHERS AT THE DEAD SEA appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Specto, the body responsible for ICDL implementation in Jordan, recently collaborated with UNICEF to deliver digital skills to the refugees throughout the country. As part of the project, Specto oversaw the accreditation of a series of educational centres, providing ICDL training and testing to the trainers. One of UNICEF’s primary goals is to build a … The post SPECTO COLLABORATES WITH UNICEF TO DELIVER ICDL MODULES TO THE YOUTH appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The recently completed “Skills Strategy Ireland: Assessment and Recommendations” report, carried out by the OECD, suggests that Ireland has entered a crucial juncture in relation to upskilling and professional training. Indeed, with the advent of AI and the ever-increasing march of technological progress, it has never been more pertinent for the companies to upskill and … The post Ireland Primed For Upskilling Revolution appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL CELEBRATES 17 MILLION CANDIDATES WORLDWIDE: EMPOWERING DIGITAL COMPETENCE IN THE WORKFORCE, EDUCATION AND SOCIETYICDL has recently marked a significant milestone in our mission to raise digital competency standards through the development, promotion, and delivery of quality certification programmes worldwide. With over two decades of experience, ICDL has successfully delivered our certification programmes to over 17 million candidates across more than 100 countries in the world. The ICDL 17 … The post ICDL CELEBRATES 17 MILLION CANDIDATES WORLDWIDE: EMPOWERING DIGITAL COMPETENCE IN THE WORKFORCE, EDUCATION AND SOCIETY appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Safer Internet Day 2023 today celebrates it’s 20th anniversary of the landmark event in the online safety calendar. Safer Internet Day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and current concerns, from online bullying to social media usage, healthy use of the internet to digital identity. Funded by the European Commission, the initiative puts … The post Celebrating 20 years of Safer Internet Day appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- 2022 has been a busy year at ICDL Europe. We’d like to share some of the highlights with you so please read on below to see what we were up to this year and events across the digital skills landscape in Europe. Spring 2022 Spring 2022 was the season when the majority of European countries … The post ICDL Europe’s look back at the year in digital skills appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL has long understood the importance of computational skills in education. ICDL believes that computing skills and digital literacy skills are essential elements of digital competence. Coding, computing, and computational thinking are terms that currently dominate the debate on digital skills development in Europe and worldwide. This is influenced by the rising demand of ICT … The post In focus: computing in education across Europe appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL Europe has joined DigiSkills Belgium, the Belgian national digital skills coalition, which brings together organisations working on digital skills from across the country. DigiSkills Belgium provides an opportunity for members to share their activities, initiatives and best practices, as well as serving as a forum to discuss the future of digital skills. At the … The post ICDL Europe joins DigiSkills Belgium appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Commission has released the DESI report for 2022. DESI is the index that the European Commission produces to monitor member states’ digital progress on an annual basis. DESI includes individual country profiles, showing analysis of progress against the key indicators as well as areas requiring priority action by member countries. The Key Indicators … The post The Digital Economy and Society Index 2022 has been released appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The National Center of Educational Technology (NCET) and Dell Technologies jointly hosted the "Upskilling the Future Workforce for the Digital Economy" project seminar in China. The seminar was chaired by Mr. Zhao Lin, the Director of Vocational Education Teaching Resources Division at NCET and featured participation from representatives of Dell Technologies, ICDL China, and various educational institutions. The post NCET-Dell “Upskilling the Future Workforce for the Digital Economy” Project Seminar appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day 2023: Accelerating Digital Literacy in Asia Wraps Up with Great SuccessThe 7th annual ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day, organised by ICDL Asia was hosted this year in Singapore by the esteemed Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) and virtually via Zoom. It celebrated a resounding success, drawing over 400 attendees. Themed "Accelerating Digital Literacy in Asia," the event served as a pivotal platform bringing together civil servants, academic leaders, industry experts, and training providers from across the Asia-Pacific region. The post ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day 2023: Accelerating Digital Literacy in Asia Wraps Up with Great Success appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia proudly announced the winners of the ICDL Asia Partner Awards 2023 during the ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day. This year, the partner awards were presented across four distinguished categories that include Premier Partner of the Year, Innovative Partner of the Year, Rising Star Partner of the Year, and Social Impact Partner of the Year. The post ICDL Asia Partners Award 2023 Winners appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia is proud to announce the winners of the ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2023, a prestigious competition that showcases the outstanding talents of secondary and tertiary school students across Asia in applying digital skills to the modern digital economy. This year, the competition reached new heights, attracting participation from over 10,000 students representing 13 diverse countries across Asia. The post ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2023 Award Winners appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- NTUC LearningHub has recently launched the SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace 2.0 (SFDW 2.0) in Singapore. It is a national initiative designed to support enterprises and equip Singaporeans with essential digital skills applicable to their personal and professional lives. With SFDW2.0, NTUC LearningHub has been curated to incorporate the latest emerging technologies so that Singaporeans can stay ahead in a rapidly evolving landscape and unlock new opportunities for growth and innovation. The post Singapore NTUC LearningHub launches SFDW2.0 powered by ICDL appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- In the heart of Nairobi Kenya, a significant milestone in digital education was reached as ICDL Africa was invited to issue ICDL ATC (Accredited Test Center) certificate at The Alliance High School. The occasion symbolized the dawn of a transformative journey in this esteemed national public school’s pursuit of digital excellence. The Alliance High School, … The post Alliance High School becomes Kenya’s First National Public Secondary School to adopt ICDL first appeared on ICDL Africa. The post Alliance High School becomes Kenya’s First National Public Secondary School to adopt ICDL appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- The Ernest Cook Ultrasound Research and Education Institute (ECUREI) recently achieved a significant milestone – the completion of accreditation to become an ICDL Accredited Test Center. Just a few days ago, the prestigious institute was fully launched as an ICDL Center in Kampala, Uganda. This achievement marks a remarkable step towards their vision of becoming … The post Becoming a Beacon of Excellence in Healthcare Education: ECUREI’s ICDL Accreditation Journey first appeared on ICDL Africa. The post Becoming a Beacon of Excellence in Healthcare Education: ECUREI’s ICDL Accreditation Journey appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Specto, the ICDL National Operator in Somaliland, has recently achieved a significant milestone by accrediting the HIT HAAD Institute of Technology as an authorized ICDL training and testing center. This accomplishment is set to elevate digital competency standards in the region, benefiting both employees and students. Mr. Muhammed Sulub, the General Manager of HIT HAAD … The post Empowering Somaliland’s Digital Workforce: Specto Accredits a New ICDL Center. first appeared on ICDL Africa. The post Empowering Somaliland’s Digital Workforce: Specto Accredits a New ICDL Center. appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Bridging the Digital Divide in Nairobi County Through ICDL Certification Nairobi County, the vibrant capital of Kenya, has taken a significant stride towards digital empowerment. In a colorful ceremony held at the Stanley Hotel on July 14th, the County Government of Nairobi received the ICDL ATC certificate, marking a new dawn for the region. County … The post Nairobi County Becomes an ATC for ICDL Africa, Digitally Building the Workforce first appeared on ICDL Africa. The post Nairobi County Becomes an ATC for ICDL Africa, Digitally Building the Workforce appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- ICDL AFRICA LAUNCHES THE ICDL AFRICA DIGITAL EXPLORER IN UGANDA, EMPOWERING STUDENTS WITH ESSENTIAL DIGITAL SKILLSICDL Africa, the leading provider of internationally recognized digital skills certification, is proud to announce the launch of the ICDL Africa Digital Explorer in Uganda. This student competition aims to equip the future workforce with essential digital skills and promote digital literacy among students. The launch event took place on 10 July 2023 at Golden … The post ICDL AFRICA LAUNCHES THE ICDL AFRICA DIGITAL EXPLORER IN UGANDA, EMPOWERING STUDENTS WITH ESSENTIAL DIGITAL SKILLS first appeared on ICDL Africa. The post ICDL AFRICA LAUNCHES THE ICDL AFRICA DIGITAL EXPLORER IN UGANDA, EMPOWERING STUDENTS WITH ESSENTIAL DIGITAL SKILLS appeared first on […]
- FaceIT Foundation, ICDL representative in Colombia, and the Colombian Chamber of Electronic Commerce, officially presented the new eCommerce module to main players in online commerce in the country.During an event held last September, businessmen and industry representatives learned about the new ICDL eCommerce module. The attendees had a first approach to the ICDL Certification and the study program of the module, in whose construction the Colombian Chamber of Electronic Commerce (CCCE) participated, as a representative for Colombia. In this space, the importance … La publicaciónFaceIT Foundation, ICDL representative in Colombia, and the Colombian Chamber of Electronic Commerce, officially presented the new eCommerce module to main players in online commerce in the country. apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- Designed to address the requirement for current and future organisation managers to develop an understanding of trending and emerging technology, our ICDL Insights modules offer an overview that is contextualised in a practical way. La publicaciónNew ICDL Insight Modules apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- ICDL Americas organised its first Regional ICDL Forum – Digital Skills for a Competitive Workforce the past March 24th, an online bilingual English / Spanish event, with speakers from Latin America, the Caribbean and representatives from our international network. La publicaciónFirst ICDL Americas Regional Forum apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- For the past 8 years, the consulting firm Sapiens Research has developed a ranking of the best schools in Colombia, thus helping people, families, teachers, managers and institutions to make better decisions. Currently, the Col-Sapiens ranking is the most important classification of schools in the country, according to category, quality and international accreditation, and the classifieds appear there exclusively for their academic merits. La publicaciónICDL certification awards points in the Col-Sapiens Ranking of schools in Colombia apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- The Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) signs a Collaboration Agreement to offer ICDL to Directors and Professors from its member Universities throughout the regionThe Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) mission is "to contribute to the transformation of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in order to respond to their social and political contexts, while building and creating common spaces of Inter-American collaboration". La publicaciónThe Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) signs a Collaboration Agreement to offer ICDL to Directors and Professors from its member Universities throughout the region apareció primero enICDL Americas.