ICDL News across the globe
- The ICDL Computer and Online Essentials module is now available in the Czech Republic. ECDL Czech Republic launched the module, which is part of the ICDL Workforce programme, at the start of February 2021. The post Computer and Online Essentials module launched in Czech Republic appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- A new study from Cedefop has found that there is an increased demand for digital skills across the workforce because of the coronavirus pandemic. The post Report shows rapid digitalisation due to pandemic, continued existence of digital divides appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- 104 candidates have been accredited with ICDL in Aden, Yemen, through the ‘Tamkeen’ empowerment project. The project aims to equip 850 young Yemenis with skills in various areas to improve their quality of life. The post First candidates receive ICDL certificates under Tamkeen Project in Yemen appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Specto, the ICDL operator in a number of Arab states, has restarted marketing events in Yemen despite the difficult situation in the country. The post Specto revives ICDL programme in Yemen appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL Germany spoke with an informatics teacher about what schools learned from lockdown and how to improve teachers' digital skills. The post German teacher highlights need for development of teachers’ digital skills to be supported appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Accessibility highlighted during ICDL Italy session on remote certification testing at HANDImatica XIIAICA, which operates ICDL Italy, participated in the 12th edition of HANDImatica. The event, which took place as an online event in November 2020, brings together organisations and business from around Italy each year to focus on digital technology for autonomy and inclusion for people with disabilities. The post Accessibility highlighted during ICDL Italy session on remote certification testing at HANDImatica XII appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ECDL Czech Republic is holding a series of online informative colloquiums for heads of departments from employment offices around the country. The post Online events held in Czech Republic to update employment offices on digital skills news and ECDL appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The Irish Computer Society is pleased to announce the appointment of Mary Cleary to the position of ICS Secretary General. The post New Secretary General at Irish Computer Society appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Specto, the ICDL operator in a number of Arab States, has signed an agreement with Ibn Sina University in Sudan to deliver ICDL to its students. The post Ibn Sina University in Sudan adopts ICDL appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ‘Girls, step into the future!’ project helps young women develop digital skills in Bosnia and HerzegovinaA final event for the ‘Girls, step into the future!’ project was organised on 4 December 2020 by the Association of Informatics in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The post ‘Girls, step into the future!’ project helps young women develop digital skills in Bosnia and Herzegovina appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL Asia is pleased to announce the appointment of Evolusi3D as its accreditation consultant in Indonesia. Evolusi3D’s current business focus is on the promotion of 3D design related products to academic institutes. Evolusi3D is also the official distributor for Siemens PLM. Evolusi3D will also manage the ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2021 Indonesia round. Interested participants … The post ICDL Asia partners Evolusi3D to upskill college students in Indonesia appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- In Afghanistan, the School of Professional and Continuing Education of the University of Central Asia (UCA) Faizabad in Badakhshan province has successfully conducted ICDL certification testing recently. Despite all the challenges since the start of school year due to Covid-19, UCA Faizabad had completed ICDL testing for 160 candidates for the following modules: Computer Essentials, … The post 160 students completed ICDL Certification at the University of Central Asia Faizabad appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- Ho Chi Minh City’s People Committee Decision on the Master Plan to Enhance ICT knowledge for students in the City08th March 2021- The Ho Chi Minh City’s People Committee issued Decision No762/QD-UBND (Approval of Master Plan to ‘Enhance the capacity, knowledge, skills in applying Informatics for general students in Ho Chi Minh City in accordance to international standard in the period 2021-2030). The purpose of this decision is to promote the introduction of International … The post Ho Chi Minh City’s People Committee Decision on the Master Plan to Enhance ICT knowledge for students in the City appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia recently concluded a pilot class at Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TARC) with ICDL Insights. The pilot class was conducted with 50 students and academic staff split into two groups, with one group taking ICDL Cloud Computing module and the other group taking ICDL Internet of Things module. Based on the feedback from the participants in this pilot test, ICDL Asia can see that there is … The post ICDL Insights pilot class in Malaysia appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia is renaming selected ICDL modules to better facilitate our potential customers to understand ICDL modules. The post Renaming of Selected ICDL Modules appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- The National Bank of Rwanda (BNR) strives to be a world class Central Bank that contributes to economic growth & development, by using robust monetary policy tools to maintain stable market prices. The Bank ensures financial stability in a free-market economy as it embraces innovations, diversity, inclusiveness, and economic integration. The Bank is charged with … The post The National Bank of Rwanda (Central Bank of Rwanda) Staff train in ICDL appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- ICDL Africa ATC meeting 2020 was held online successfully on 26th November 2020. As an annual event for all ICDL Test Centres and partners, the meeting was well attended by more than 160 participants. The event saw the launch of the new Remote Work and Teamwork Modules as well as ICDL Insights. The post ICDL Africa ATC Meeting 2020 appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- We wish to congratulate the group of 12 students, who graduated from Chum International School in Muyenga-Kampala, having successfully completed virtual ICDL training. The post Chum International School Virtual Learning Students graduate appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT) graduates over 200 students in ICDLUganda Institute of Information and Communication Technology (UICT) has graduated over 200 students, who have all been undergoing virtual training in ICDL Workforce modules. The post Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT) graduates over 200 students in ICDL appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Ezra Kampororo, a trainer at Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT) was one of the participants in the ICDL training that was recently conducted at UICT spearheaded by Dan Muhenda. He has so far certified in all the ICDL Base Modules apart from Documents, which he will accomplish sooner rather than later. Ezra … The post “ICDL Content is rich and very relevant for today’s world” – Lecturer appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- ICDL Americas is participating on the virtual Caribbean Digital Skills Symposium next April 7th and 8th. The event, organised by Regional Consultant Jenelle Ross-McIntyre, has the goal of exploring the potentials of digital skills for regional development. The post ICDL Americas on the virtual Caribbean Digital Skills Symposium appeared first on ICDL Americas.
- ICDL Europe launched a new publication on DigComp and ICDL this month, including the results of a new mapping of ICDL to the EU’s DigComp framework. DigComp is a critical tool for understanding digital competence. It helps align training, certification, and the needs of the job market. It increases mobility, opens educational opportunities, and helps … The post New mapping of ICDL to the EU’s DigComp framework appeared first on ICDL Americas.
- The launch of ICDL in Brazil, thorough his local partner Digital Brick, is a highly anticipated event by local educational institutions, as it is one of the most renowned international digital certifications recognized by institutions around the world and which was not yet present in the country. The post 2020 Launch of ICDL in Brazil appeared first on ICDL Americas.
- ICDL Americas will be remaining active during the Covid-19 crisis to help support all users of the ICDL programme in Latin America and the Caribbean. While this is an exceptionally difficult time, we will be taking steps to support the continued operation of the ICDL programme in our region. We are working closely with Partners … The post COVID-19 appeared first on ICDL Americas.
- A digital skills programme is set to start in Colombia with cooperation between the National Learning Service, Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje (SENA) and ICDL Colombia. The National School of Instructors of SENA aims to train instructors to ensure they have the necessary digital skills to include ICT in their teaching activities and daily work. As part of this … The post OVER 1,000 TRAINERS OF THE NATIONAL LEARNING SERVICE IN COLOMBIA TO BE ICDL CERTIFIED appeared first on ICDL Americas.