ICDL News across the globe
- ECDL Kosova, the operator of the ICDL programme in Kosovo, has continued its participation in the World Bank’s Education System Improvement Project (ESIP). A core activity within this project has been providing training services to support skills development in rural lower secondary schools. The post ECDL Kosova continues participation in World Bank project appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL's Seal of Alignment to the ISTE Standards has been renewed until 2023. The post ISTE Seal of Alignment for ICDL renewed appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- ICDL prepares school students for the digitalisation of the world of work, especially in times of pandemicThe Minister of Education of the Rhineland-Palatinate in Germany, Dr. Stefanie Hubig, has signed an extension of the agreement to facilitate the introduction of ICDL in schools in state. The post ICDL prepares school students for the digitalisation of the world of work, especially in times of pandemic appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- A new research report commissioned by the European Parliament’s Culture committee has investigated the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on programmes for education and young people in Europe. Among the points highlighted in the report is the challenge that the sudden switch to digital learning posed for teachers and students. The post European Parliament report supports greater resilience for education systems appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Commission is launching a new ‘Digital Skills and Jobs Platform’ to serve as a central home for the EU’s digital skills initiatives. The post EU launches Digital Skills and Jobs Platform as hub for digital skills actions appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The European Commission launched its vision for the digital transformation of Europe on 9 May 2021. Digital skills feature significantly as one of four focus areas. The post EU announces ambitious digital targets for 2030 – plans online conference on 1 and 2 June appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic (MŠMT in Czech) approved a new retraining programme focused on digital skills for Industry 4.0. The programme is based on ICDL. The post New retraining programme for Industry 4.0 using ICDL in the Czech Republic appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Christopher Sullivan, CEO of ICDL France, has been elected to the position of National Administrator of the Fédération Française de la Formation (FFP). The post ICDL France CEO elected National Administrator of Fédération Française de la Formation appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- Beyond any clichés of digital skills being limited to the mastery of social networks among the youngest or the use of video conferencing so that seniors can keep in touch with their grandchildren, the testimonies of candidates give us a broader picture. ICDL France interviewed both the youngest and oldest candidates for ICDL certification. The post 16,000 new candidates registered for ICDL certification in France in 2020 appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- During a live event broadcast online to mark the 60th anniversary of AICA, the ICDL operator in Italy, Giovanni Adorni, President of AICA, spoke about the commitment, vision and mission of AICA towards the Italian recovery post-Covid-19, focusing on social innovation as a strategy and a stimulus for recovery and a factor of diffusion of digital culture. The post AICA celebrates 60 years with online event on ‘Digital: driver of social innovation’ appeared first on ICDL Europe.
- The ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2021 is an annual student competition that invites secondary and tertiary school students in Asia to compete and demonstrate how digital skills can be applied in this new digital economy. The competition will expose contestants to emerging technologies, data analytics, design, and the use of office application tools. In its … The post Congratulations to all winners of the 2021 ICDL Asia Digital Challenge! appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- PRESS RELEASE 09 September 2021, Singapore – ICDL Asia pledged to upskill 100,000 candidates in Singapore with digital certification in the next 3 years at its annual regional event, ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day 2021. Themed “Building a Competitive Workforce for Industry 4.0”, the ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day was held virtually for the first … The post ICDL Asia pledged to upskill 100,000 Singapore candidates by 2024 at Digital Literacy Day 2021 appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- Despite the ongoing challenges amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to announce that two new Accredited Test Centres (ATCs) will be joining the ICDL family: SOS Children’s Villages Bangladesh and SOS Children’s Villages Nepal. SOS Children’s Villages is the world’s largest non-governmental organisation focused on supporting children without parental care and families at risk. As … The post SOS Children’s Villages Bangladesh and Nepal join ICDL Asia’s network of Accredited Test Centres appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL programmes first received a Seal of Alignment from ISTE in May 2017, and was recently renewed in June 2021. The Seal of Alignment shows that ICDL has been independently reviewed by ISTE, and was found to be aligned with the ISTE Standards. ISTE is a membership organisation committed to educational technology. Based in the … The post ICDL ISTE Seal of Alignment Renewed Until 2023 appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- ICDL Asia equips adult learners from Ngee Ann Polytechnic CET Academy digital skills to boost employabilityICDL Asia is delighted to welcome adult learners from Ngee Ann Polytechnic Continuing Education & Training (CET) Academy to embark on the ICDL journey. Learners pursuing the Diploma in Applied Management for the Future Workplace will complete three ICDL modules: Data Analytics, Online Collaboration and Digital Marketing. These ICDL modules aim to equip learners with … The post ICDL Asia equips adult learners from Ngee Ann Polytechnic CET Academy digital skills to boost employability appeared first on ICDL Asia.
- DARUSSALAM Computers Ltd. is a consultancy services firm on ICT (Information Communication Technology) training, integration and solutions. DARUSSALAM Computers focuses on both large & small scale telecommunications and network infrastructure, applications and services which are designed, deployed and supported by our highly skilled technical and management team in Nigeria. These solutions are created from best-of-breed, … The post DARUSSALAM COMPUTERS LTD appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Enugu State Tech Hub and Youths Innovation Center is an Initiative of Enugu State Government through the leadership of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Dr. Ifeanyi Lawrence Ugwuanyi, the Executive governor of Enugu state under the supervision of Enugu State Ministry of Science and Technology to bring technology down to the grassroot of Ndi Enugu. This … The post NEW ICDL ATC :Enugu State Tech Hub appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- ICDL was made compulsory to all candidates graduating from UTB since 2018. During the UTB graduation, class of 2019 – 2020, over 1500 candidates graduated in ICDL programes. Prof. DR calixte Kabera thanked ICDL for the partnership and encouraged the good relationship as they both aim at graduating candidates ready for the workforce. There was … The post University of Tourism, Technology and Business Studies (UTB) 8TH Graduation appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Lonadek Global Services collaborates with The Lagos State Science Research & Innovation Council to train in ICDL Programs.Lonadek Global Services (www.lonadek.com) is a multi-award-winning, woman-owned, ISO:9001:2015 certified Engineering Technology and Information Management Company. Lonadek partners with ICDL to deliver Computer Literacy and Digital Skills Training as part of its corporate objective of empowering STEM/TECH talents to deliver state-of-the-art technologies and Innovative Solutions. As an ICDL partner in Africa, Lonadek recently collaborated … The post Lonadek Global Services collaborates with The Lagos State Science Research & Innovation Council to train in ICDL Programs. appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- Life International Christian Academy was co-founded by Birungi Ronald and Mrs.Birungi Ram and their 4 Children who moved to Rwanda in 2014, pursuing a dream to start and operate a learning center that integrates Biblical Principles (Scripture memory, wisdom principles), Godly Character Training (A.C.E. characters, 90 character traits of Christ), Mastery-Based Learning that has a … The post Life International Christian Academy graduates ICDL candidates. appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- The Test Centre at the Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas, Mexico, continues its training and certification programmes for students and teachersThe ICDL Accredited Test Centre at the Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas (UAT) began its operation in 2014 with a vision towards the importance of incorporating international certifications in digital skills in undergraduate and graduate educational programmes, complementing the professional training of students based on the new demands of the labour market. UAT's Test Centre has attended a total of 1560 candidates. La publicaciónThe Test Centre at the Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas, Mexico, continues its training and certification programmes for students and teachers apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- ICDL Americas participated on the virtual Caribbean Digital Skills Symposium last April 7th and 8th. The event, organised by Regional Consultant Jenelle Ross-McIntyre, had the goal of exploring the potentials of digital skills for regional development. La publicaciónICDL Americas on the virtual Caribbean Digital Skills Symposium apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- ICDL Europe launched a new publication on DigComp and ICDL this month, including the results of a new mapping of ICDL to the EU’s DigComp framework. DigComp is a critical tool for understanding digital competence. It helps align training, certification, and the needs of the job market. It increases mobility, opens educational opportunities, and helps … La publicaciónNew mapping of ICDL to the EU’s DigComp framework apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- The launch of ICDL in Brazil, thorough his local partner Digital Brick, is a highly anticipated event by local educational institutions, as it is one of the most renowned international digital certifications recognized by institutions around the world and which was not yet present in the country. La publicación2020 Launch of ICDL in Brazil apareció primero enICDL Americas.
- ICDL Americas will be remaining active during the Covid-19 crisis to help support all users of the ICDL programme in Latin America and the Caribbean. While this is an exceptionally difficult time, we will be taking steps to support the continued operation of the ICDL programme in our region. We are working closely with Partners … La publicaciónCOVID-19 apareció primero enICDL Americas.