Government Endorsements and Framework Mapping
ICDL Foundation is a Global Social Enterprise dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the Workforce, Education and Society. We believe that access to technology and developing digital skills dramatically improves lives and that no one should be left behind in this era of digital transformation.
ICDL Foundation is the regulatory body for the ICDL Certification, recognised throughout the world as ‘The Digital Skills Standard’. ICDL was formerly known as ECDL in Europe, from its launch in 1997 until May 2019, when the new ICDL brand Identity was launched, officially uniting ECDL and ICDL as one brand.
ICDL Certification is now available in over 100 countries, across our network of more than 20,000 Test Centres, delivering over 70 Million ICDL Certification Tests to more than 16 million people worldwide.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the programme in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our European office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). Our National Operators, Partners and Test Centres adhere to strict Quality Assurance Standards, which ensure that ICDL Certification is the trusted digital skills standard wherever you are in the world.
Governments on almost every continent have endorsed the ICDL programme for their citizens, or use it to train and certify the digital skills of their public servants.
Navigate the globe below for ICDL references, case studies, ICDL activity and endorsements related to each territory.
ICDL References and Endorsements
- In July 2020, ICDL Asia welcomed Temasek Polytechnic (TP) as the first Singapore-based Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) to offer ICDL certification to its students. […]
- Why ICDL? – It works – Digital skills certification is all we do – We're global and local Digital skills certification is a key tool […]
- In April 2021, Yayasan TM (YTM) identified ICDL as its key digital skills certification programme to spearhead a new education initiative that equips YTM scholars […]
- DICT officially launched the ICDL Programme in the Philippines in 2015. DICT recognises ICDL and its certification programme in the Republic of the Philippines. The […]
- ICDL Asia has signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG, the former name was Singapore’s Workforce Development Agency) to align Singapore’s national […]
- ICDL Foundation has signed an agreement to develop an ICDL Professional Legal programme with the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL). The agreement was endorsed by […]
- ICDL Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), which outlines a closer collaboration between Vietnam’s MOET and […]
- Ministry of Information & Communications Vietnam (MIC) has endorsed ICDL certification officially through Decision 111/QD-BTTTT qualification framework. ICDL is the first and only recognised international […]
- ICDL Asia signed an MoU with the National Center of Educational Technology (NCET), under Ministry of Education, to collaborate in improving digital literacy level of […]
- The Thailand Professional Qualification Institute (TPQI) has endorsed ICDL as a global certification that will empower citizens and the digital workforce. ICDL Asia and TPQI […]
- The post ICDL References and Endorsements appeared first on ICDL Africa.
- The National Agency for Universal Telecommunications-TIC Service (ANSUT) oversees the adoption and implementation of ICDL nationally in Côte d’Ivoire, a national plan, embracing all the sectors (public administrations, private sectors and schools). […]
- Several Accelerated Christian education-based schools in Uganda have taken ICDL Programme as the standard for digital literacy. This as we target more of the institutions […]
- RORA’ is the coordinating body for the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) curriculum and it is a registered agency in Rwanda. It was appointed by Accelerated […]
- Beninese Agency for the Universal Service of Electronic Communications and Post (ABSU-CEP) This is Government of Benin Agency whose main objective is to guarantee access […]
- The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Guinea launched the digital access program in partnership with ICDL Africa, which will be implemented by Dixinn-Gate. The project is a […]
- The Tanzania Information and Communication Technologies (lCT) Commission (ICTC) is a government of Tanzania agency. In 2019, The ICT Commission recognised ICDL Africa as a partner to certify people with an […]
- The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) accredited ICDL Africa as a “Foreign Examination Body” and approved the ICDL programme as a certificate level qualification in the […]
- The Nigerian Minister for Education approves ICDL as the National standard for Computer Literacy in the Ministry for Education and for the Education SectorAt the launch of the Computer Acquisition Scheme (an integral part of Nigeria’s Roadmap for the Education Sector), the Honourable Minister Prof. (Mrs.) R. Rufa’i […]
- The Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt has undertaken to certify the computer skills of at least 1 Million public servants over the next […]
- The ICDL programme is used in two municipalities in Spain for the digital skills training and certification of unemployed people. The post Digital skills for […]
- The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) has evaluated and recommended college credit for five of ICDL Foundation’s modules. The post […]
- National Commission for Further and Higher Education maps ICDL (formerly ECDL) to the Maltese Qualifications FrameworkThe National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) in Malta mapped ICDL (Formerly ECDL) to the Malta Qualifications Framework since 2010. The post National […]
- ECDL has been mapped to the French National Qualification framework. The mapping to the National Register of Professional Qualifications means that ICDL (formerly ECDL) candidates […]
- ECDL is mapped to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), which replaced the Qualifications & Credit Framework and the National Qualifications Framework in October 2015. The […]
- Since 2010, ECDL has been recognised by the Romanian Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Baccalaureate test in digital literacy. The post ECDL is […]
- ECDL is mapped to the National Framework of Qualifications (QQI) in Ireland. Candidates can use ICDL Certification as an exemption for over 40% of QQI […]
- AICA, the ICDL National Operator in Italy signed an agreement with the Ministry of Education to strengthen and improve the spread of digital competences and […]
- Under Portuguese law, teachers and trainers who work in adult education teaching ICT are required to hold either a computer science qualification, an ICT focused […]
- Since 2010, ECDL is the only digital skills certification which is explicitly mentioned in the guidelines published for funding perspective 2014-2020 by the Polish Ministry […]