Digital Citizen plus
Technology is a key element of modern life and workplace, however many people have had very little exposure to computers or the internet and may find the need to develop the necessary digital skills for everyday tasks or for the modern workplace daunting.
Digital Citizen Plus is designed for beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age or ability. The module helps to remove the fear of using a computer by employing a skills-based approach to educating individuals in the basics of using a computer, email and the internet
The Digital Citizen Programme does not require you to pass a test and is designed to build confidence levels, before progressing on the path to digital literacy certification with the ICDL Workforce Programme and beyond.
Develop the basic computer and internet skills needed to progress to ICDL Workforce and beyond
|Computer and devices
|Desktop and managing files
Main learning outcomes
Candidates who complete the Digital Citizen Plus programme will gain the skills needed in order to progress onto the ICDL Workforce modules and beyond. They will be able to:
- understand the basics of computer usage and the internet
- know how to create, save and edit a document
- understand how to create, save and edit a spreadsheet
- navigate the desktop and manage files
- search for information and communicate online
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL Programmes offer clear progression routes for candidates
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable